Parents, we are doing the VMA’s again this year.
The purpose of this event is to celebrate creativity and also present the Gospel to students.
The VMAs are really 2 parts.
In the weeks and months leading up to this event, students have the opportunity to create videos with their friends. They can be a simple (made on a phone with no editing) or as elaborate (made using a camera and editing software) as they would like. We will be encouraging the students to connect with different friends of theirs that don’t go to church and make a fun video. (vma.arborroad.com has all the rules). Once they’re done they just have to upload the video on the website.
Then on Wednesday, February 26, we will have an Award Ceremony where students will get prizes for various categories including a Grand Prize worth $300. At the ceremony we will show clips of videos, have some live performances and have a speaker present God’s story of redemption and how we can have relationship with God through Jesus. Needless to say, we are going all out on this event.
We’ve been planning for months and now we need your help!
Would you partner with us in one or a few of these practical ways…
- Ask your student if they’re going to join some friends an make a video.
- Help them brainstorm ideas.
- Give your students rides on a Saturday afternoon. Bring your book and offer to drive them to a few locations.
- Provide a few dollars for production costs (a trip to the 99 cent store may be in your future.)
- Allow your students to use your property (i.e. camera, living room, etc.) with clear instructions and guidelines.
- Collaborate with other parents whose kids are participating. Especially get to know parents whose kids don’t go to church, be kind and welcoming.
- Pray God will use this event to further His Kingdom.
Over the years we have seen the impact parents can have on projects like these. We’re excited to partner with you and make an eternal impact on the lives of young people.