Why Small Groups?
At Arbor Road Church, our goal is for people of all ages and stages to experience community. A great way we have found to accomplish this is through Small Groups. Here, we’ve outlined three reasons why we believe Small Groups are effective in our ministries with Kids and Students: Small Groups are Biblical, Effective, and Relevant.
What is a Small Group?
The vision for Small Groups at Arbor Road is to cultivate our relationship with Christ in a focused and intentional collection of people.
Every Arbor Road Small Group has the following essentials that are experienced by age-appropriate and leader-designed distinctives.
Here, we’ve outlined three reasons why we believe Small Groups are effective in our ministries with Kids and Students: Small Groups are Biblical, Relevant, and Effective.
God has created us for relationships with Him and with one another.
- Though there are many other ways to experience community, Small Groups provide a great environment for kids and students to get to know each other in a smaller setting.
- Many of God’s commands we could not obey apart from community. Hebrews 10:24-25 commands us not to neglect meeting together, but to consider how to encourage and stir each other towards love and good deeds.
- It is in the context of community that God changes us and we experience His blessings.
Jesus’ method of discipleship was investing in a small group of twelve men.
- Though He had a very public ministry preaching to thousands of people, most of His time was spent investing in the twelve disciples.
Discussions are a great way for kids and students to learn.
- They are able to retain information longer if they can articulate what they are learning
- Small Groups create a safe place for kids and students to ask questions
Small Groups allow us to shepherd our kids and students more effectively.
- With the amount of kids and students in our ministries it is a challenge to know and care for each of them in a large group setting
Kids and students desire community.
- Culturally, people have a strong value for authenticity
- Small Groups create a platform for safe sharing
- They also provide a consistent time and place for kids and students to connect and learn about Jesus