A note from Pastor Brent
It continues to be a great joy of mine to serve as the Lead Pastor of this wonderful church. God has blessed the ministries of Arbor Road for many decades, and we trust Him for continued blessings as we all follow Him closely.
Each one of us has a very special part to play here at Arbor Road. God has given each of us unique gifts, and He expects us to use them for His glory. We are very excited that you have decided to put your efforts into helping Arbor Road make an indelible impact on our surrounding community and throughout the world!
I have always held a very high view of church membership. In the world, there are a variety of types of memberships – fitness clubs, country clubs, library’s, political organizations, Para-church ministries … even Costco! Of all the types of memberships out there, church membership has a decidedly unique aspect to it.
Most memberships exist specifically to benefit us in some way, shape or form. Local church membership, on the other hand, is actually a commitment by us to serve others, and most especially, the Lord Jesus Christ. It is the most meaningful type of membership! We trust that you will be exceedingly blessed to be part of our church family. It is a real treat to have you join us through your commitment to membership!
We trust that you will read through this membership information, and prayerfully consider the commitment that is before you. God bless you as you seek to stay sharp for our Lord.
I’ll look forward to seeing you around the campus!
Pastor Brent Eldridge
It is our desire that each member of Arbor Road Church would wholeheartedly embrace our purpose and strategies. Our purpose statement helps us to focus our efforts, so that we maximize our impact through the avenues that the Lord has afforded us.
Our Purpose Statement
To Know God and Make Him Known
Jesus said in John 17:3, “Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the Only True God, and Jesus Christ, who You have sent.” This passage is not simply speaking about “intellectual ascent,” however. “Knowing” in this passage speaks of a very deep and intimate knowledge. Knowing God like that is our chief purpose at Arbor Road Church.
Jesus gave us all a great commission just prior to His ascension into Heaven. In Matthew 28:19-20 He said, “Go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age.” Entering into this amazing commission is something we expect of everyone who becomes a member at Arbor Road Church. We “make Him known” to those around us day to day.
Our personal commitments consist of the “means” to accomplishing our purpose. We have outlined seven “personal commitments” that speak into our responsibilities in the areas of belief, character and action. Each of us has a personal responsibility to live our lives in ways that please God and reflect His glory.
Here are the seven commitments we desire for every person who calls Arbor Road Church “home” to enter into:
- A commitment to Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior (John 5:24)
- A commitment to Generosity through contributing our resources to the ministries of Arbor Road (2 Corinthians 9:6-8)
- A commitment to Humility, by putting others first (Philippians 2:3-5)
- A commitment to Encouragement through sharing life together
- A commitment to Evangelism, through sharing our faith
(Luke 19:10; 2 Corinthians 5:20)
- A commitment to Discipleship, through living out God’s Word
- A commitment to Service, by using our gifts and abilities (Romans 12:1)
I want to become a member
Steps to becoming a member at Arbor Road Church:
- Watch this 12 minute video about our history
- Start your Membership Application
- Write your personal testimony (your story of how you came to know the Lord)
- Sign and date the commitment section
- Click the submit button
- Your request will be reviewed at the next Elder Board meeting
- We will contact you once approved by the Elder Board